Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Orleans

Today we visited New Orleans where we had a blast. I was a little unsure about it at first but then after dinner we really enjoyed it. When we first got there we checked into the hotel.  While mom, Mary Claire, and Jack stayed to unpack some things, Dad and I went to find a parking place. We didn't think it would be that hard...after thirty minutes we finally found a parking place. After we parked the car we met Mom, Jack, and Mary Claire to go and explore all around Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, and many other cool streets in the French Quarter.  A couple hours after all of the kids were draining fast so we needed to find something to eat so we kept exploring for a good New Orleans Style dinner.  We ended up eating at Gumbo Shop and it was delicious.   I had the Chicken Po Boy and it was also my first time trying alligator and guess what...I liked it! After that delicious meal we started to make our way down to Cafe Du Monde to try some beignets.  They were delicious and reminded me of mini funnel cakes. Tomorrow we will take on another adventure in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment