Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Day 17 Santa Fe (APS)
MC FINALLY got to sleep in (until about 9:30 a.m.) which was heaven for her, but the rest of us decided to get up and out to have breakfast. We found a place on YELP which was off of the beaten path and a local favorite and soon became one of ours as well! We ate at the Santa Fe Bakery and Cafe which was delicious! Hall had an amazing breakfast burrito which he had been waiting patiently for! Lillian also had a breakfast burrito, minus the chili, Jack a bagel and I had the oatmeal. Yum! After breakfast, we went back and got sleeping beauty up so that we could start our day! We headed back downtown and the boys decided to go to the Santa Fe museum while the girls and I got some retail therapy! We didn't really find much to speak of, but it was definitely fun to look! We met back up again and had lunch on the various food carts at the plaza. Three of us enjoyed the fajita cart while Jack and Lillian opted for hotdogs. The kids had been wanting to eat at the various food carts we have seen on the trip. Most people take these for granted, but if you are from Beaufort, SC they are COOL! After an afternoon downtown, we headed back to the hotel to watch the U.S. World Cup game! While the family settled in, I headed out to cash in my birthday present, a massage! I went to a really nice spa and had a wonderful massage which I didn't know how much I needed it! All of the time in the car, hiking the Grand Canyon, and life in general has certainly taken it's toll, but I feel WONDERFUL! Definitely a thoughtful gift from my family. When I returned, I showered and then we all headed out for dinner at Blue Corn Tortilla Brewery. I think that this is our favorite restaurant to date. Nothing too different, but just great food! On our walk back to the hotel, we passed a Baskin Robins and stopped in for dessert. The perfect end to a perfect day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment