Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Day 10 Phoenix (APS)
This morning we took an amazing tour of Chase Field. The Diamondbacks have an impressive facility and we were even lucky enough to see the roof slide open! Jack, however, had other sights that he wanted to see - namely the pool in right field! We did get to tour that and learned that for $4,000 we could rent it and watch a game with 35 of our closest friends! In the end, we decided against the pool, but did purchase tickets for the night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers - Lillian's first MLB game! After the tour, we caught the light rail train out to ASU to check out the campus. Crazy story - as we were looking for the bookstore, I stopped a guy on a golf cart to ask for directions. As I walked away, he asked if I was from S.C. because I had a palmetto / crescent moon on the back of my tshirt. When I told him yes, he told me that he had lived in S.C. for most of his life before moving to Phoenix about 6 years ago! I told him that we were from Beaufort and his face lit up as he had lived there for several years as a child! He asked about the Beaufort High Eagles and the Battery Creek Dolphins and even remembered where Hermitage Road was located. This is truly a SMALL world! We finally found the bookstore, took the train back to the hotel and had a little pool time / nap time before heading back to Chase Field. The Diamondbacks held strong, but in the 8th inning they made a few errors and ending up falling to the Milwaukee Brewers 9-3. Regardless of the outcome, we all had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment